If you have teenagers on your affordable dental insurance, there are some things that you can do in order to make sure that they have a good checkup the next time that they go to the dentist. Here are some tips that you can use to encourage good dental hygiene with your teenager.
- Take your teenager regularly to the dentist
- Encourage your teen to eat healthy snacks like bananas instead of energy bars and candy.
- Encourage your teen to chew sugarless gum right after eating meals to help with cleaning the mouth.
- Teens ought to drink water during the day to wash away any types of trapped particles and to cut down bacteria’s effect in their mouth.
- Make sure that your teen is brushing and flossing daily.
- Buy your teenager another toothbrush every 2-3 months. Do it sooner if the bristles are bent or worn, or if they were sick.
- Have them use one with medium or soft bristles. The hard ones could damage their enamel.
- Have them use some kind of mouthwash to cure their bad breath and help with combating bacteria.
Do you want to find the best dental insurance? This site has a lot of great information and can help you with choosing the right company for your family’s dental health. They are going to give you advice and help you with the questions you have.